Kiki kicks / by Jane Yolen and Ariel Stemple ; illustrated by John Ledda.
"Kiki has watched her mama practice karate for a long time, and now she wants to learn too. She wants to become strong and steady like a mountain. The bullies at school are strong for the wrong reasons. They make Kiki feel small. But today at her first karate lesson, everything changes." -- Provided by publisher.
- ISBN: 9781506485638
- ISBN: 1506485634
- Physical Description: 1 volume (unpaged) : color illustrations ; 27 cm
- Publisher: Minneapolis, MN : Beaming Books, an imprint of 1517 Media, 2023.
- Copyright: ©2023
"'Karate Kid' poem copyright ©1996 by Jane Yolen, originally published in Opening Days: Sports Poems (Harcourt)"--Colophon.
|Target Audience Note:||
Ages 4-8. Beaming Books.
Decoding demand: 60 (medium) Semantic demand: 70 (high) Syntactic demand: 56 (medium) Structure demand: 84 (very high) Lexile
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Bullying > Juvenile fiction.
Karate > Juvenile fiction.
Self-confidence > Juvenile fiction.
Karate > Juvenile poetry.
Children's poetry, American.
- 8 of 9 copies available at Missouri Evergreen. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at North Kansas City.
- 0 current holds with 9 total copies.