A guest at the feast : essays / Colm Tóibín.
"From one of the most engaging and brilliant writers of our time comes a collection of essays about growing up in Ireland during radical change; about cancer, priests, popes, homosexuality, and literature"-- Provided by publisher.
- ISBN: 1476785201
- ISBN: 9781476785202
- Physical Description: x, 323 pages ; 22 cm
- Edition: First Scribner hardcover edition.
- Publisher: New York : Scribner, 
- Copyright: ©2023
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Part one / Cancer: My part in its downfall -- A guest at the feast -- A brush with the law -- Part two / The paradoxical pope -- Among the flutterers -- The Bergoglio smile: Pope Francis -- The Ferns report -- Part three / Putting religion in its place: Marilynne Robinson -- Issues of truth and invention: Francis Stuart -- Snail show: John McGaharn -- Alone in Venice.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Tóibín, Colm, 1955-
Authors, Irish > 21st century > Biography.
Cancer > Patients > England > London > Biography.
- 2 of 3 copies available at Missouri Evergreen. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at North Kansas City.
- 0 current holds with 3 total copies.