Courtiers : intrigue, ambition, and the power players behind the house of Windsor / Valentine Low.
"Throughout history, the British monarchy has relied on its courtiers--the trusted advisers in the King or Queen's inner circle--to ensure its survival as a family and a pillar of the country. Today, as ever, a carefully selected team of people hidden from view steers the royal family's path between public duty and private life. Queen Elizabeth II, after a remarkable 70 years of service, saw the final seasons of her reign without her husband Philip to guide her. Now, a newly ascended Charles seeks to define what his future as King, and that of his court, will be. The question of who is entrusted to guide the royals has never been more vital. Yet, as the tensions within the family are exposed to global scrutiny like never before, the task these courtiers face has never been more challenging"-- Provided by publisher.
- ISBN: 9781250282569
- ISBN: 125028256X
- Physical Description: xi, 372 pages, 8 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 25 cm
- Edition: First U.S. edition.
- Publisher: New York, NY : St. Martin's Press, 2023.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Search for related items by subject
- 12 of 14 copies available at Missouri Evergreen. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at North Kansas City.
- 0 current holds with 14 total copies.