The mouse who carried a house on his back / Jonathan Stutzman ; illustrated by Isabelle Arsenault.
- ISBN: 9781536216790
- ISBN: 1536216798
- Physical Description: 1 volume (unpaged) : color illustrations ; 28 cm
- Edition: First edition.
- Publisher: Somerville, Massachusetts : Candlewick Press, 
- Copyright: ©2022
Features die cut and gatefold pages.
Vincent, a mouse who roams the world carrying his house on his back and stopping where he knows he should, offers food and shelter to animals in need. After setting up his house, he invites a weary bullfrog and a hungry cat inside. Each initially declines the offer, saying his house is too small. But after entering, they find that it is bigger than it looks. Others soon join them: deer, hedgehogs, badgers, rabbits, and a fox. Just as they are sitting down to dinner, a large, hungry bear knocks on Vincent's door. Fearful, the other animals urge their host to turn him away, but Vincent opens his home to the gentle bear, and all is well.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Friendship > Juvenile fiction.
Hospitality > Juvenile fiction.
Animals > Juvenile fiction.
Folklore > Juvenile fiction.
Magic > Juvenile fiction.
- 0 of 7 copies available at Missouri Evergreen. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at North Kansas City.
- 0 current holds with 7 total copies.