Theft of an idol / Dana Stabenow.
- ISBN: 9781800249820
- ISBN: 1800249829
- Physical Description: 333 pages : maps ; 24 cm
- Publisher: London : Head of Zeus Ltd, part of Bloomsbury Publishing Plc, 2022.
From the palaces of Alexandria reigns Cleopatra - seventh of her name, avatar of the goddess Isis, ruler of the Kingdom of Egypt - surrounded by riches untold. Through the streets of her great city bustle scholars and sailors, politicians and priests. For those with the means, it is a comfortable life. But not all are invited to share in the wealth of Egypt's first city. For the peasants and farmers, their lives lie in the hands of the gods and the harvest. Unless, that is, they can find other methods to feed their families. Other, less savory methods. When Herminia, one of Alexandria's most beloved actresses, disappears on the eve of a great performance, Cleopatra sets Tetisheri, her Eye, to investigate. In her search for the truth, Tetisheri will uncover a mystery that will take her to the city's darkest corners...
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Cleopatra, Queen of Egypt, -30 B.C. > Fiction.
Kings and rulers > Fiction.
Alexandria (Egypt) > Fiction.
- 11 of 21 copies available at Missouri Evergreen. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at North Kansas City.
- 0 current holds with 21 total copies.