The sewing girl's tale : a story of crime and consequences in Revolutionary America / John Wood Sweet.
- ISBN: 9781250761965
- ISBN: 1250761964
- Physical Description: 365 pages, 8 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations (some color), map ; 25 cm
- Edition: First edition.
- Publisher: New York : Henry Holt and Company, 2022.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (pages 287-347) and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Prologue -- Rescue -- Mother Carey -- Daylight -- The rake -- The pilot -- Gatekeepers -- The Prosecutrix -- Closing arguments -- Outrage -- Seduction -- Recovery -- Epilogue.
"A riveting historical drama that tells the story of the first rape trial on record in American history and the fault lines of class privilege and gender bias that it exposed, showing how much has changed over two centuries and how much has not"-- Provided by publisher.
Search for related items by subject
|Genre:||True crime stories.
- 3 of 9 copies available at Missouri Evergreen. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at North Kansas City.
- 4 current holds with 9 total copies.