Things seen from above / Shelley Pearsall ; illustrated by Xingye Jin.
- 0 of 1 copy available at Missouri Evergreen. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at North Kansas City.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|North Kansas City Public Library||J PEARSALL (Text)||0001002385530||JUV Fiction New||Checked out||12/13/2021|
- ISBN: 9781524717421 (paperback) :
- ISBN: 1524717428 (paperback) :
- Physical Description: 262 pages : illustrations ; 20 cm
- Edition: First Yearling edition.
- Publisher: New York : Penguin Random House, 2021.
- Copyright: ©2020
"A Yearling book."
April is looking for an escape from the sixth-grade lunch hour, which has become a social-scene nightmare, so she signs up to be a "buddy bench monitor" for the fourth graders' recess. Joey Byrd is a boy on the fringes, who wanders the playground alone, dragging his foot through the dirt. But over time, April realizes that Joey isn't just making random circles. When you look at his designs from above, a story emerges... Joey's "bird's eye" drawings reveal what he observes and thinks about every day. Told in alternating viewpoints--April's in text and Joey's mostly in art--the story gives the "whole picture" of what happens as these two outsiders find their rightful places.
Search for related items by subject