Dress codes : how the laws of fashion made history / Richard Thompson Ford.
- 2 of 3 copies available at Missouri Evergreen. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at North Kansas City.
0 current holds with 3 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|North Kansas City Public Library||391.009 FORD 2021 (Text)||0001002435988||Nonfiction New||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9781501180064
- ISBN: 1501180061
- Physical Description: xi, 443 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 24 cm.
- Edition: First Simon & Schuster hardcover edition.
- Publisher: New York : Simon and Schuster, 2021.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (pages 415-420) and index.
A law professor and cultural critic offers an eye-opening exploration of the laws of fashion throughout history, from the middle ages to the present day, examining the canons, mores and customs of clothing rules that we often take for granted.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Clothing and dress > Social aspects > History.
Fashion > History.
Clothing and dress > Law and legislation > History.
Sumptuary laws > History.